My Pledge to Anambra North by Senator Stella Oduah
1. To fundamentally transform people’s lives through human developmental programmes and activities, I prioritised empowerment and skill acquisition. I have been on this mission for years, and I will continue this assignment in the next four years through my ‘Wepu Ubiam Programme’. I will consolidate on the gains made so far and empower more of my constituents in the seven local government areas of Anambra North Senatorial District.
2. I will pursue and actualise my bill for the establishment of the Federal University of Aquatic Studies in Ogbaru Local Government Area. The university will create jobs for our people, train our children and give them a competitive edge in business or employment.
3. I will continue to provide scholarship for indigent students in the seven local government areas of Anambra North Senatorial District as I currently do through the Stella Oduah Foundation but under the ‘Nmuta na zo ndu Initiative’.
4. I have attracted more than 53 major projects to the constituency, which include schools, hospitals and roads; I will attract more projects to the district in the next four years through the Anambra-North Massive Project Scheme. These projects will be in the areas of providing pipe-borne water, power and means of transportation for my people.
5. I will pursue and actualise my motion for the establishment of an inland port in Onitsha, which is my Onitsha Dry Port Project. The establishment of the port will open the senatorial district to more business opportunities. Traders in Onitsha can have their goods come in through the port instead running to Lagos port for every import and export.
6. I promise the youth and women of my constituency to continue to represent them well by pushing agenda, bills and motions on issues that affect them.
7. Specifically on empowerment, I will pull more Anambra North women out of poverty by providing no-interest loans, and hiring experts to guide them through their business. This will be through the Oganiru Free-Loan Scheme.
8. I will continue to work with the Anambra State Government to ensure that the interest of Anambra North is always protected.
9. I will continue to promote youth inclusion in government by sponsoring more leadership training courses for the young men and women of my constituency, and by also giving them the necessary support in getting into elective or appointive office at the state or federal level through my Anambra- North Youth Leadership Scheme.
10. Generally, I will continue to work to ensure that poverty and unemployment are completely eliminated in Anambra North.